TONY MAMODALY

FOUNDER

Tony ran through the academies of 1899 Hoffenheim and Karlsruher SC, prior to joining Dynamo Dresden in 2009. Despite of 8 caps for the national team of his fatherland Madagascar, invitations to trials with French Ligue 1 club FC Lorient and Scottish Premier League Club FC Dundee United, Tony never achieved his big breakthrough. „Every time I thought I finally made it, the door got slammed right into my face.“

In 2011, Tony reached his personal all-time-low when he tore his patellar tendon, which prevented him from signing with 1.FC Nuremberg. „The injury was a disaster, I was out for nearly 1 1/2 years and never fully recovered.“ Luckily his personal tragedy turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as it was the only reason he ended up in the United States.

I didn't know the system and didn't speak the language but I knew I had to change something. So I took the shot.

„I got full-ride offers from top D1 programs all around the country. Unfortunately, the NCAA didn’t clear me due to my professional experience. Luckily, I found a loophole in the NAIA’s eligibility requirements and got the chance to sign for St. Thomas University, a smaller, private school in Miami.“

After graduating with his Bachelor’s in Business from STU, Tony moved to New York City to start his graduate career at Columbia University. „That was the moment I decided to return my experience to talents, that are in the same seat as I used to be, and help them maximize their potential in the US. The youth soccer system in Europe is extremely competitive and only 2 % of all academy players have the chance to make it to the pros. The system is broken and unsustainable.“ What happens to the other 98% of players? That is the problem that Mind Game Sport wants to solve.

„All of these kids are tactically and technically well educated and extremely competitive. They’re the ideal players for the US college system. Also, if you look at the other side of the coin: when they graduate they not only speak two languages fluently but also have proven that they’re perseverant, disciplined and extremely focused. On top, they possess great time management skills and demonstrated the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. This makes them hyper attractive employees.“

Our goal is to maximize each of our talents' individual potential. It's all about giving back and supporting the kids on their way up.

Thanks to his vision, Tony was able to create ideal structures to help each of Mind Game Sport’s players to maximize his potential – both on and off the pitch.

„We work hand in hand with leading Bundesliga academies as well as three of the largest talent agencies in Germany to identify potential recruits. During their time in college we mentor them so that they have the chance to either go pro or sign a contract with one of our partner companies in Europe or the US.“

In addition to running the agency’s day-to-day operations, Tony also gained valuable experience with, one of the world’s largest sport management agencies, Wasserman. The global sport management behemoth currently services more than 600 players in the MLS, including Steven Gerrard and Robbie Keane.

CONTACT

tony@mindgamesport.com

 

Tony ran through the academies of 1899 Hoffenheim and Karlsruher SC, prior to joining Dynamo Dresden in 2009. Despite of 8 caps for the national team of his fatherland Madagascar, invitations to trials with French Ligue 1 club FC Lorient and Scottish Premier League Club FC Dundee United, Tony never achieved his big breakthrough. „Every time I thought I finally made it, the door got slammed right into my face.“

In 2011, Tony reached his personal all-time-low when he tore his patellar tendon, which prevented him from signing with 1.FC Nuremberg. „The injury was a disaster, I was out for nearly 1 1/2 years and never fully recovered.“ Luckily his personal tragedy turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as it was the only reason he ended up in the United States.

Our goal is to maximize each of our talents' individual potential. It's all about giving back and supporting the kids on their way up.

„I got full-ride offers from top D1 programs all around the country. Unfortunately, the NCAA didn’t clear me due to my professional experience. Luckily, I found a loophole in the NAIA’s eligibility requirements and got the chance to sign for St. Thomas University, a smaller, private school in Miami.“

After graduating with his Bachelor’s in Business from STU, Tony moved to New York City to start his graduate career at Columbia University. „That was the moment I decided to return my experience to talents, that are in the same seat as I used to be, and help them maximize their potential in the US. The youth soccer system in Europe is extremely competitive and only 2 % of all academy players have the chance to make it to the pros. The system is broken and unsustainable.“ What happens to the other 98% of players? That is the problem that Mind Game Sport wants to solve.

„All of these kids are tactically and technically well educated and extremely competitive. They’re the ideal players for the US college system. Also, if you look at the other side of the coin: when they graduate they not only speak two languages fluently but also have proven that they’re perseverant, disciplined and extremely focused. On top, they possess great time management skills and demonstrated the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. This makes them hyper attractive employees.“

I didn't know the system and didn't speak the language but I knew I had to change something. So I took the shot.

Thanks to his vision, Tony was able to create ideal structures to help each of Mind Game Sport’s players to maximize his potential – both on and off the pitch.

„We work hand in hand with leading Bundesliga academies as well as three of the largest talent agencies in Germany to identify potential recruits. During their time in college we mentor them so that they have the chance to either go pro or sign a contract with one of our partner companies in Europe or the US.“

In addition to running the agency’s day-to-day operations, Tony also gained valuable experience with, one of the world’s largest sport management agencies, Wasserman. The global sport management behemoth currently services more than 600 players in the MLS, including Steven Gerrard and Robbie Keane.

CONTACT

+1 786 384 1448